Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The secret to good food

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

The secret to good food Empty
PostSubject: The secret to good food   The secret to good food Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Is freshness, fresh herbs, fresh meat from the butcher, fresh fish from the lake or fresh fish or shrimps from the grocery store. If you want to cook high quality food for a bunch of people or yourself you absolutely must choose freshness and cut no corners. Frozen foods and dried herbs and spices can never match that of freshness, so remember when you want to kick ass DO NOT cut corners. When I was young I used to kick everyones ass in running events during track and field, if I cut across the track for a short cut I would be kicked out of the event, no different here and same goes for local produce versus shipped in produce, why choose crap thats been in the back of a truck for a week over something that has been picked from the field that day?
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

Male Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The secret to good food Empty
PostSubject: Re: The secret to good food   The secret to good food Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 pm

Agreed...freshness is key and also I have found the simplest recipes usually work the best. Some recipes call for a wide variety of concoctions and spices and invariably turn out poorly.
Back to top Go down

The secret to good food
Page 1 of 1