Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Good Dentist

Go down 
+6
SZQ
windy
redrider
pretz
Katzz
Groovin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Groovin

Groovin

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-07-31

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:03 am

Any recommendations for a good dentist (who also has a dental hygienist for cleanings) in the Simcoe / Port Dover area?
Back to top Go down
Katzz
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-08

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 am

I like Dr. Malo.
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

Female Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-23

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 am

I agree, Dr. Steven or Ian Malo
Back to top Go down
redrider

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-13

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:29 am

Dr Malo is the best. I have been going to him for 20 years.
Back to top Go down
windy

windy

Female Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-13

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 am

The Dr's Malo are very good as is Dr. Keith Kerr, located directly across the street in Simcoe
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:55 am

When living in Simcoe, I saw another dentist, not mentioned so far, for about 25 years. I thought he was okay. No complaints. However, when I moved to a large city and had to have a new dentist, he was appalled at the state of my teeth, even to say that it appeared I hadn't been to a dentist in ten years. Poor quality workmanship, teeth not filled properly and my bite was off. (I just figured that was the way I was supposed to chew!!) Now, and many thousands of dollars later, my teeth look and feel great and I can actually bite and chew with ease.
Three family members all see Dr. Steven and Dr. Ian and all three have nothing but good words to say about them.
Back to top Go down
joeileen

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-12

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:43 am

SZQ is know who you mean. Members of my family switched from him as well and had to have numerous appts to fix 12 cavities! My family and I go to Dr. Malo and we are very happy.
Back to top Go down
Groovin

Groovin

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 am

Are either Dr. Steven or Dr. Malo close to retirement? I would hate to start up with a new dentist, just to have to find a new one again in a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 am

Dr. Steven is Dr. Ian's father. Dr. Steve is between 55 and 60 years of age. Both are excellent.
Back to top Go down
farmersdaughter

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-12

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 am

Steve is teaching his son Ian about the business and Ian will be taking over the business when Steve deems its time to enjoy some time to himself.

Both are terrific dentists bar none!
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

Female Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-23

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:47 am

I wonder if Steve or Ian will read or hear about this post. There is no other dentist mentioned in the post...that says alot about them doesn't it. I'm so glad Ian went into dentistry because I don't know what I would have done when Steve retired. I've been with Steve since he opened his practice.
Back to top Go down
shagz

shagz

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-03-27

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I have found Dr. Malo to be the best around. I used to go to a local dentistry until I had a really bad experience with a particular dentist who was working there at the time. He told me he had to fill a "pit" and he ended up being very rough on my tooth (a molar). It was so bad that I asked for another dentist who worked at the office and said I never wanted to see the first ever again. After he filled my tooth I noticed that cold and hot food on it was painful, yet I didn't have any problem with it at all. Then less than week before I was supposed to fly down to Mexico for my wedding I had a horrible toothache in the same tooth. My wife (who has been going to Dr. Malo since she was a kid) called Dr. Malo's office and they rushed me right in on a Monday morning. Dr. Malo didn't like the looks of the tooth and sent me straight to Dr. Sherman (and endodontist) in Hamilton who had to perform an emergency root canal. Dr. Sherman told me that I could thank the dentist who did the botched job on my tooth, and that it was because of him that I had to have the root canal. I don't know what I would have been able to do if I couldn't get in before my wedding. Ever since then I've gone to Dr. Malo. His staff is always friendly.
Back to top Go down
Groovin

Groovin

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Thank you everyone. My first appointment with Dr's Malo is booked!
Back to top Go down
farmersdaughter

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-12

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:07 pm

You won't be disappointed!

is it with Ian or Steve?
Back to top Go down
gcaughill

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-04

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:59 pm

farmersdaughter wrote:
You won't be disappointed!

is it with Ian or Steve?

Either are great. As everyone above has noted they are in my humble opinion the best Simcoe dentists.

I used to go to another one, but now it is the Malos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gregcaughill.com/
Sponsored content

A Good Dentist Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Dentist   A Good Dentist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Good Dentist
Page 1 of 1