Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

growing fruit trees

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beatrice

Female Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-28

growing fruit trees Empty
PostSubject: growing fruit trees   growing fruit trees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 am

Does anyone have a peach, pear or nectarine tree. I am thinking of planting a few fruit trees but need some advice on growing them. I have never had a fruit tree and I was just wondering how difficult it is to keep them pruned and keep the bugs out of the fruit. I would appreciate any input.

Last edited by beatrice on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shagz

shagz

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: growing fruit trees   growing fruit trees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:51 am

If it's peach make sure you spray the tree for leaf curl. We forgot in the spring and our tree paid for it.
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: growing fruit trees   growing fruit trees Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Last edited by Stevef on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shagz

shagz

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: growing fruit trees   growing fruit trees Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:54 pm

I'm glad I still have some of ours left! I'm going to spray ours for the fall, and since next year we won't have any fruit (we get peaches off of it every-other year), I'm also going to move the tree to a better spot in our yard. There's nothing like my wife's homemade peach pies straight from our own tree. She even makes the pie-crust from scratch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: growing fruit trees   growing fruit trees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

growing fruit trees
Page 1 of 1