Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orange Juice Cake

Go down 
+3
pretz
AnderPooh
Leslie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 pm

this is so good!!!!!
1 package yellow cake mix with pudding
1 1/4 cups orange juice, no pulp
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 stick butter, unsalted
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar

Follow normal instuctions on cake mix, only substituting pulp free OJ for water.

Bake in a bundt pan. Make sure you grease the pan.

Icing:
Combine over low heat, butter, orange juice and sugar.

While cake is hot, AND STILL IN THE PAN, poke holes in cake with a wooden spoon. Pour icing into holes. Let it cool, then pop out.

Can add powder sugar on top, I left it as is...yummy.
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
AnderPooh

Female Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:34 am

Leslie: thanks so much fo the recipe it's wonderful. It's a real nice change and very moist. I sometimes cook for large groups of people, I will use this for sure. Great with the orange sicle ice cream
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:49 am

your very welcome I love this cake
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
pretz

pretz

Female Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Can anyone tell me how much "1" stick of butter is? I see that in lots of recipes but have no idea how much you really need to use.
Back to top Go down
windy

windy

Female Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re:Orange juice cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:05 pm

One stick of butter is equal to one half cup. In the states they package 4 sticks in a pound, individually wrapped. Very convenient!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Speaking of butter, I always use unsalted butter in my baking. IMO, regular butter adds extra salt to the recipe.
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks Windy for letting me know what '1' stick of butter is equal to. I buy my margarine for baking in 1/2 cup portions. So much easier. I will look for butter that way next time I am in the States.
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:59 pm

Instead of the OJ you can use any can of "pie filling", try cherry!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 am

Butter precut into sticks are available in Canada. Look in the dairy section where the butter/marg. is kept. I use it all the time when I bake. I buy mine at Fortino's but I'm sure Zehr's or Sobey's would have it as well.
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:45 am

SZQ wrote:
Speaking of butter, I always use unsalted butter in my baking. IMO, regular butter adds extra salt to the recipe.

me to, I use it for all cookin
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks SZQ for mentioning that you can buy butter in sticks right here in Ontario. I don't use margarine in all my baking so it is nice to know that I can get butter in sticks. Will be on the lookout for it next time I am at the grocery store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orange Juice Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Juice Cake   Orange Juice Cake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Juice Cake
Page 1 of 1