Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Don't You Just Love This Lady....?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonas

Jonas

Male Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Don't You Just Love This Lady....? Empty
PostSubject: Don't You Just Love This Lady....?   Don't You Just Love This Lady....? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Here's a lady 85 years young biking to work. The lady is Hazel Mccallion. The picture in the article below is worth a thousand words. sunny
Also proves that attitude is everything....way to go Hazel!!!

Mayor goes car free, bikes to work

Staff photo by Fred Loek

By: Julie Slack

September 22, 2008 11:25 AM - With car horns honking in encouragement, Mayor Hazel McCallion used pedal power to get to Mississauga City Hall this morning from her Streetsville home.

McCallion was hopeful she inspired others to use their bikes to get to work, not just today on International Car Free Day, but every day.

"That's the longest bike ride I've had for many years," she said about the seven kilometre, 30-minute trek. "I hope I inspired some people today. I enjoyed it. The weather was perfect.

http://www.mississauganews.com/article/19105
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Don't You Just Love This Lady....?   Don't You Just Love This Lady....? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:24 am

In our area, we hear a lot about Hurricane Hazel. Everyone loves her (well, except for the one person who is vying for the job of mayor), respects and admires her. What a wonderful woman!
Back to top Go down
cking

cking

Female Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Don't You Just Love This Lady....?   Don't You Just Love This Lady....? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:13 am

She is lucky to have been blessed with good genetics...good health and a clear mind. Cross your fingers that the same luck holds for the rest of us!
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Don't You Just Love This Lady....?   Don't You Just Love This Lady....? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 am

On occasion she calls in to CFRB, usually when stuck in traffic. She talks politics but rarely local politics. She is sharp as a tack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't You Just Love This Lady....?   Don't You Just Love This Lady....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't You Just Love This Lady....?
Page 1 of 1