Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good-bye to summer 2008

Go down 
+3
Leslie
NearPerfect
KellE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KellE

Female Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Good-bye to summer 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm

It's the first day of fall and this is how my summer went. It seemed to fly by with my kids home. I love having them home. This summer was fun. We went camping, to a concert at Ontario Place, had lots of barbecues and spent lots of time with family and friends. We went to Elora Gorge too. We lost our 18 year old cat in July and it broke our hearts. I don't feel like we had a "normal" summer. I am still cutting grass and our grass never died this year. It never seemed to get really hot. It was, overall a nice summer and I have lots of happy (and sad) memories imprinted forever in my head of the summer of 2008. How was yours?
Back to top Go down
NearPerfect

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Good Bye summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:28 pm

I had a really nice summer. My wife and I and friends went to see Leonard Cohen in Toronto. He was terrific. We rented a cottage at Long Point for a week. I spent the August Long Weekend fishing in Thunder Bay. I saw a red fox in my back yard, we had Baltimore Orioles at our birdfeeder. My vegetable garden was awsome. All in all a very good summer. A bit rainy but what the heck, a little rain never hurt anyone.
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Ok Im still waiting for summer........... Rolling Eyes
I work alot and dont have much time to do anything but when I did get time off it was cold and rainy! Crying or Very sad
I did get a chance to have a couple BBQ's with friends so i guess it was ok, just thankful for the tent on my deck to keep us dry! I am thankful tho I have my boys and my health so I guess that is all that really matters
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:34 pm

This summer flew by, it feels to me like I never even had one yet affraid
Back to top Go down
jjgrinder

jjgrinder

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:30 pm

I blinked and I missed it!

Can't complain though...overall my family and I had a FANTASTIC summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.coydesigns.com
cking

cking

Female Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Spent a lot of time with my grandkids at the beaches and in the woods and fields. Went with good friends to Stratford Theatre and dining out afterwards. My favorite! Also went to Lighthouse Theatre once. A good enough summer overall.
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

Female Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 pm

Like Leslie, I too am still waiting for summer. Too much rain and not enough sunshine to warm up the pool. I think that August 30th was the nicest day all summer and that just also happened to be the greatest day of my summer. It was the day my daughter got married and the weather was perfect. So any bets being placed on how the weather will be for the Norfolk County Fair this year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good-bye to summer 2008   Good-bye to summer 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good-bye to summer 2008
Page 1 of 1