Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fruit flies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:49 am

Does anyone have a solution to get rid of those pesky fruit flies?
Back to top Go down
Ja9

Number of posts : 19

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 am

Take a jar or plastic container fill about 1/4 full with cider vingear cover with plastic wrap and wrap an elastic around it and poke a few holes in the top. Replace with fresh vingear every couple of days. This works great.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks. I'm going to do that right away!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Many hours later, I still have fruit flies! I wonder if I should show them Ja9's post! LOL
Back to top Go down
CatWeb

CatWeb

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 pm

You might consider pouring a small amount of juice from a pickle jar into a smaller dish ( those tiny plastic applesauce containers will do ) and leaving it on the counter for a couple of days. I haven't personally tried this however, one night last summer we were all eating dinner and someone had left the pickle jar open on the counter ( for about a half hour ). As I was putting things away after dinner I went to put the jar lid back on and noticed there were easily 15-20 dead fruit flies floating in the juice!!!! ( Eeewwww ) Needless to say we didn't enjoy any more pickles from that jar. Smile
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:36 am

Thanks CatWeb. The flies in the kitchen are much better this morning but now I have them in the upper bathroom so I'll put the pickle juice upstairs and perhaps between the two methods, my fruit fly sitaution will be solved!
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 am

Something must be attracting them, find the source, maybe veggies or fruit on the counter top, uncovered garbage can, stuff like that, sweet stuff, we use Ja's trick
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

Skully, do you mean something sweet, besides me? LOL LOL LOL I'll bet it's the blueberries patiently waiting to be made into jam today. Actually, the flies are under control. Just one or two loose ones now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fruit flies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fruit flies   Fruit flies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fruit flies
Page 1 of 1