Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fried rice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Fried rice Empty
PostSubject: Fried rice   Fried rice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:28 pm

1/2 Onion chopped
6 slices bacon chopped up
2 Tablespoon peanut oil
1/2 cup -1cup dice cooked pork(cooked chicken or shrimp is fine too-put in as much as you like)
2 eggs beaten
3 cups cooked rice
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (kikkoman preferred)
2 Stalks chopped green onion(optional)

Fry up the onion, bacon and peanut oil until onion is translucent and bacon is cooked but not crispy. (keep stirring so as not to burn anything) Add the cooked meat to heat up. Keep stirring. Stir in the beaten eggs until cooked. Add the rice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Now here's the tricky part, push the cooked ingredients away from one side of the pan and tilt the pan so the empty side is still on the heat. Pour in the Soy Sauce and let it bubble. (What this does is cook the soy so that it does not soak into the rice) Then quickly toss with the rice so it is evenly distributed. Top with green onion if desired and enjoy!

This is my own created recipe and my kids enjoy it so I guess it passes the taste test...lol....
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/

Fried rice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norfolk Talks :: Norfolk Talks Forums :: Recipes-
Jump to: