Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homemade Buffalo Wings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Homemade Buffalo Wings Empty
PostSubject: Homemade Buffalo Wings   Homemade Buffalo Wings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 pm

homemade buffalo wings

1/2 cup unsalted butter- Lactantia My country butter sticks is what i use, 3/4 stick for this recipe
1/2 cup franks red hot original sauce
2 dash pepper, Ground
2 dash garlic powder
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 or 2 tablespoon cayenne pepper, 1 for just right wings, 2 for little extra heat
1/2 teaspoon salt
20 chicken wings
vegetable oil, for frying

- Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.

- If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.

- Put the wings into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly.

- Put the wings in the refrigerator for 60 to 90 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)

- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees and fry wings 10 at a time for 10-15 minutes each set, make sure they are crispy when you take them out cause you dont want soggy wings, nice deep brown crispy colour.

- When the wings are nearly done in the fryer Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well blended.

- Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel to drain. But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot. Quickly put the wings into a large bowl.

-Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all the wings evenly. You could also use a large plastic container with a lid for this.

Serve with home cut french fries and bleu cheese dressing if you want, myself I just eat them as is without anything, also dredge them in the little left over sauce that is on the bottom of the bowl if you like the sauce for a little extra zing before biting into them. The should remain crispy if you fried them long enough.

When i made these wings a few years ago I didnt have the urge to ever eat a wing anywhere else again
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Homemade Buffalo Wings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade Buffalo Wings   Homemade Buffalo Wings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 pm

I am definately making these this weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/

Homemade Buffalo Wings
Page 1 of 1