Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dog's Nest Smoke House

Go down 
+6
Groovin
SkullyCapone
Jonas
COMAX
Leslie
Ja9
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ja9

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Dog's Nest Smoke House Empty
PostSubject: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:39 pm

There is a new resturant that is located where Moon's Roadhouse used to be I think it is called Dog's Nest Smoke House and I am wondering when it is going to open. I am excited to see it open because I think it is selling barbeque food. Does anyone know anything about it? I used to go to Camp 31 because they had awesome food and now there is nothing like it around here (yet) and I really do miss the food.
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm

I seen a truck with the name on it but I didnt know it was moons!
I cant wait to try it.
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
COMAX

COMAX

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:18 pm

I have been chomping at the bit waiting for it to open. I believe the owner was a partner in "Hemmings Broken Plate" in Port Dover. I'm expecting good things to come of "The Dogsnest Smokehouse"
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

Male Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Hopefully the food is better than the name.
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm

a good smokehouse bbq joint would be awsome
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:26 pm

Ok when I seen the truck I was trying to figure out where in Dog's Nest it was I didnt know it was Moon's until y'all said it here!
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
Groovin

Groovin

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 pm

Don't know why he decided to call it Dog's Nest ... since it isn't in Dog's Nest. Must have just liked the name I guess.

Yes, it's one of the Hemming's brothers who owns it. Since he and his wife left the broken plate, he's been busy buying and selling property, trying to find a new business. I think he also owns the property in Dover that used to be the city offices and is now a bar or something.

I wish him the best and hope to try out the new restaurant soon.
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Groovin wrote:
Don't know why he decided to call it Dog's Nest ... since it isn't in Dog's Nest. Must have just liked the name I guess.

Yes, it's one of the Hemming's brothers who owns it. Since he and his wife left the broken plate, he's been busy buying and selling property, trying to find a new business. I think he also owns the property in Dover that used to be the city offices and is now a bar or something.

I wish him the best and hope to try out the new restaurant soon.

Maybe his nickname is "dog"
Back to top Go down
Groovin

Groovin

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 pm

So Mr. Hemming, while turning into my lane, cut me off the other day while driving his "Dog's Nest Smoke House" truck. So then I pull up beside him at the stop light. He's in the left turn lane and I'm to his right, going straight. He decides to go straight and cuts me off again! Than at the next corner he suddenly slows and turns right ... without signaling! Mad
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 am

Groovin wrote:
So Mr. Hemming, while turning into my lane, cut me off the other day while driving his "Dog's Nest Smoke House" truck. So then I pull up beside him at the stop light. He's in the left turn lane and I'm to his right, going straight. He decides to go straight and cuts me off again! Than at the next corner he suddenly slows and turns right ... without signaling! Mad

People do unordianry things when they are stressed out, maybe he is having a tough time dealing with things
Back to top Go down
Groovin

Groovin

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:49 am

SkullyCapone wrote:
Groovin wrote:

People do unordianry things when they are stressed out, maybe he is having a tough time dealing with things

That might excuse one occurrence ... not 3. Besides, he looked like he was just cruisin' around like he does on his motorcycle. Maybe that's part of the problem ... he thought he was riding his bike Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
joeileen

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:37 pm

ja9 there is a camp31 in Paris. I have been there recently and it was very good.
Back to top Go down
beans

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey Guys and Gals,

New member here and I've got to say Dogs Nest has got great food! Hubby and I went there on Friday for lunch at 11:00am and we were both stuffed!! I got the 1/4 chicken dinner came with of course 1/4 chicken (smoked with a nice hickory taste throughout) Frys are the real thing (double dipped till golden brown, crisp not soggy) 2 choices of sides...... ranch beans and cole slaw(both were awesome) Many other sides to pick. Hubby got the prime rib burger it was huge, it came with those awesome fries too.

I'd recommend Dogs Nest in a heartbeat, we'll be back again Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

beans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

Male Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Boy. after posting this on this forum, I'm betting the place will be hoppin'.... lol!

beans wrote:
Hey Guys and Gals,

New member here and I've got to say Dogs Nest has got great food! Hubby and I went there on Friday for lunch at 11:00am and we were both stuffed!! I got the 1/4 chicken dinner came with of course 1/4 chicken (smoked with a nice hickory taste throughout) Frys are the real thing (double dipped till golden brown, crisp not soggy) 2 choices of sides...... ranch beans and cole slaw(both were awesome) Many other sides to pick. Hubby got the prime rib burger it was huge, it came with those awesome fries too.

I'd recommend Dogs Nest in a heartbeat, we'll be back again Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

beans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gcaughill

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 pm

I haven't been there in a while, is the food still good and are the prices reasonable?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gregcaughill.com/
wickens

Male Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Its closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog's Nest Smoke House   Dog's Nest Smoke House Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog's Nest Smoke House
Page 1 of 1