Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member

Go down 
+5
murl
wickens
rye
jjgrinder
Caroline
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caroline

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-24

When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Empty
PostSubject: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 am

I lost two cats, they did not die because of old age or illness unfortunately they were run down and killed. Break my heart , the lesson I learned was not to let my cats outside ever again, even when the crying at the door to get out.
Back to top Go down
jjgrinder

jjgrinder

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 am

Ohhh...I am so sorry to hear this. Living on Hwy 59 near Langton...I lost many pets to the road.

Never again...my dogs are never out of my site now.

Again...I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coydesigns.com
rye

rye

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Aww, I'd never let my kitty out...he wants to get the birds so bad though! Very Happy

You have to be prepared to lose them if they go outside, that's all...its sad though Sad
Back to top Go down
wickens

Male Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 pm

We had one cat killed by a car.So when we got a kitten he stayed in and we got a buddie for him as a kitten and both where house cats
Back to top Go down
murl

murl

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 pm

We put our 13 year old ailing dog down yesterday. Our cat of 16 years passed away just 4 months ago and we lost a cat about 2 years ago. It's too heart wrenching - no more pets for us. I can't go through this pain anymore. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
foxhall

foxhall

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:39 pm

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together ...

Author Unknown
Back to top Go down
murl

murl

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:09 pm

Thank you very much for the beautiful poem. It's very touching. I've read it before and it brings tears to my eyes. I'm sure that one day we'll all be together again. It's just so very hard when losing my furry friends are so 'fresh' in my mind. I go to take my dog outside and she's not there. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Calypso

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:16 pm

murl take some time like I did and then go looking and you'll find another dog to give a loving home to. I had to put my dog down the first day of my summer holidays and swore I'd never get another just like you said. Too hard to let them go. I waited 3 weeks and the house was just too quiet. I went to Hamilton SPCA twice and on second visit found a beautiful little yellow lab. I decided to look at it another way. Give an animal a home who would otherwise likely be euthanized and while they are here give them lots of love and a great home. My vet checked her over the other day and said she's a lucky dog to go to such a good home. I think I'm the lucky one.
Back to top Go down
KellE

Female Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Losing a best friend   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:57 am

We had to put our 18 year old cat down on July 10. The whole family was there and made the decision together and I must say, our kids were very brave and mature in deciding that it would be best for him even thought it hurt so much. In my daughter's words, It's so hard to say good-bye to someone you've known your whole life. My problem is that I feel so guilty and so sad. I feel like I should have done more or saw the sickness sooner or I don't know, made him better. I cannot get over the feeling that I could have made it better if I had acted sooner somehow. Does anyone else feel that way about this. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
jjgrinder

jjgrinder

Female Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:07 am

KellE

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your little furball...we had to put one of our cats down a couple of months ago and I understand your guilt as I felt the same way.

Your cat obviously lived a long and healthy life with you and your family; you must have cared for him a great deal for him to have lived to the ripe age of 18.

Feeling sad and guilty is normal; you are missing something that was a part of your life for a long time. Mourning is not a bad thing...

In time, perhaps you'll find room in your heart for another cat; there are so many out there looking for loving, forever homes....your pet would not want you to be sad...didn't he always make you happy? He'd want that for you now...

Take Care...({)
Back to top Go down
http://www.coydesigns.com
rudievalentine

rudievalentine

Female Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss KellE. When we had to say good bye to our cocker spaniel Abbey, both of our kids were there when we saw her xrays and the brutal reality that she was not going to get better. They understood the reason that we needed to say goodbye. There were many tears, but it was a "good" or shall I say "healthy" experience of the reality of life and death of our beloved furry family members. I'm glad they were there when that decision was made.
I hope you are able to let go of the guilt. You did the best you could with what you had.
Take care.
Back to top Go down
KellE

Female Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:01 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know it is normal to feel this way. I just wish I wouldn't. It's just that I know he totally depended on us.....on me and it's just a feeling of me letting him down. I know that's not the case but, I will have to get over this feeling. It's nice to know other people feel this way. I miss him very very much and know in time that it will get better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member   When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When you lose a pet or should a say beloved family member
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norfolk Talks :: Norfolk Talks Forums :: Animal/Pet Forum-
Jump to: