Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?

Go down 
+6
wombat
beppe
windy
cking
Slyguy
SZQ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Empty
PostSubject: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Tomorrow, my great hubby and I are checking on Bell packages for cable, telephone and mobile. I would like him to prep and paint the patio doors (I've done all the windows) and maybe buy another new toilet. Maybe we'll go over to the Wine and Grape Festival in St. Catherines. Or maybe we'll head off to Ottawa to pay our respects to a gentleman who passed away. (He's being cremated and the service could be next week instead.) Most of all, I just want to be in hubby's company!
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:51 pm

Last edited by Stevef on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cking

cking

Female Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:48 am

Twin Valley Zoo near Brantford with the grandkids...if the rain holds off. I love that place! We did not go this year and it closes on Oct.9. Wanted to go yesterday but it closes at 4 on weekdays. They have a "show" with the animals being brought out at 12 and 2. But I am still watching the sky for that 60% chance of rain!!!
Back to top Go down
windy

windy

Female Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re:It's the Weekend - What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:09 am

Saturday usually is a day the hubby and I go grocery shopping. We check out the flyers and see who has what on special, then plan our next weeks meals.
That's the easy part!!! Then we go shopping - we don't go to more than two stores as a rule, and we've already been to the market on Thursday, so we have a good selection of veggies. Saturday afternoon the cooking starts - either double meals (eat one - freeze one), or something that is served as one thing today, and the leftovers become something else later in the week. We both enjoy home made soup, and now that the cooler weather is coming next week, a pot of soup will be on the menu. All the scraps such as the tips off chicken wings, backs and necks, bones from veal or pork dishes - they've all been saved in the freezer and will become stock. If it's raining later today, it'll be a good day for that.
Back to top Go down
beppe

beppe

Female Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:06 am

CKing, where is Twin Valley Zoo located? Its sounds like a place I would like to take our grandchildren.
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:19 am

SZQ wrote:
... and maybe buy another new toilet.
Sorry SZQ but I just have to ask - How often do you buy another new toilet? Are you collectors or something?
Back to top Go down
cking

cking

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 am

You can access it from the 403....but I prefer to go through Renton and Boston etc. (I turn left into Renton off #3 outside of Simcoe.) My directions aren't that great. There's a map on their website. It's on Langford Church Road...off #2 hwy.

GREAT place. Wonderful people running it. Clean and healthy animals. Lots of walking to wear the kids out. A nice walk through the woods on a clean trail. But no restaurant or food for sale. Bring your own picnic. But closing on Oct. 9 and not opening til May.
Here's the website.
http://www.twinvalleyzoo.com/

Last edited by cking on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

Male Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 am

SZQ wrote:
Tomorrow, my great hubby and I are checking on Bell packages for cable, telephone and mobile. I would like him to prep and paint the patio doors (I've done all the windows) and maybe buy another new toilet. Maybe we'll go over to the Wine and Grape Festival in St. Catherines. Or maybe we'll head off to Ottawa to pay our respects to a gentleman who passed away. (He's being cremated and the service could be next week instead.) Most of all, I just want to be in hubby's company!
It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Wooden-throne-toilet

Here's a beauty..... Wink
Back to top Go down
beppe

beppe

Female Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:45 am

Thanks for the info CKing. Hopefully we can get out there before they close for the winter.
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 am

Golfing tomorrow in otterville, relaxing, stress lately is pretty bad so I need a break
Back to top Go down
rifraf

rifraf

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:34 pm

Putting my car engine back together.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 4:52 pm

wombat wrote:
SZQ wrote:
... and maybe buy another new toilet.
Sorry SZQ but I just have to ask - How often do you buy another new toilet? Are you collectors or something?

LOL Pretty funny wombat! I thought I had fixed both of the toilets, but in the end, replaced the ensuite toilet and now I think we may have to replace the powder room toilet. Thankfully, we only have two!!!! And then, I hope that will be the end of the Toilet Saga!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Jonas, as much as I love antiques.....I'll pass on this one. I can't IMAGINE how it could be cleaned and santized. But it looks good!
study Oh....this could be just for my hubby and his 'reading rack'!
Back to top Go down
Spidubic

Spidubic

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Is your car your avatar rifraf? Pretty nice looking.
Back to top Go down
cking

cking

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:47 pm

We DID go to Twin Valley Zoo on Saturday. It did not rain...just cloudy.

They had a baby baboon, 5 month old grey wolf, baby cougar and baby Bengal tiger. As well, there were baby lemurs. They now have zebras as well as red kangaroos in a large field. They have camels and deer, lynx, macaques, etc. but they no longer have yaks.

They do a presentation and visitors can pet the lizard, python, cougar, baby tiger, etc. But not the wolf or the tarantula.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Boo hoo. We didn't get the toilet done. Instead, enjoyed the beautiful sunny day outdoors on Sunday. Much better plan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?   It's the Weekend!  What do you plan to do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's the Weekend! What do you plan to do?
Page 1 of 1