Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's Friday, what have you learned?

Go down 
+10
Rick wisson
KobrinFamily
Justice
wickens
Slyguy
SZQ
pattip
MI_13
Retired2
Leslie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

It's Friday, what have you learned? Empty
PostSubject: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 am

I have learned......

I have 2 daycare openings, clients moving out west Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Friends mean the world to me
Car dealers are crooks, I have a loaner car for the day & I had to put the gas in it (their fault they have my car not mine)
Busy weekend here 3 hockey games LOL
I have a new kitty and he is so lovable!

What did you learn?
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:58 am

Make sure you take it back as empty as you got it.
Back to top Go down
MI_13

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 am

I learned that hitting a raccoon at a high rate of speed can cause significant damage to a mid-size sedan.
Back to top Go down
pattip

pattip

Female Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:14 am

I learned that it's really nice to come home after work and have the hubby cooking supper. Now that I'm the biscuit earner (he's retired and don't want to take away his title) its nice to come home and sit and read the paper and chillout a bit.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:19 am

Leslie wrote:
I have learned......

I have 2 daycare openings, clients moving out west Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Friends mean the world to me
Car dealers are crooks, I have a loaner car for the day & I had to put the gas in it (their fault they have my car not mine)
Busy weekend here 3 hockey games LOL
I have a new kitty and he is so lovable!

What did you learn?

Oh No! Not your new blue car?
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 am

Hope it's minor?
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:09 am

it was something that was SUPPOSE to be fixed before I brought it home and they didnt do it
I have been fighting them daily for 3 weeks about it
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:14 am

I've learned that this has been a week of "lemons". I've been making lots of "lemonade" but soon it may be time to add more vodka! I usually am an optimistic person but wow, things are not going well in many areas of our lives this week. Next week will be better!!!
Back to top Go down
wickens

Male Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:28 am

Insurance claims are hard.You do all they ask then they want more each step takes 3 weeks as when they get it you go to the bottom of the pile(they say their 3 weeks behind on the claims)
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Female Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:34 am

I learned people are starting to care more and more.. and are becoming less afraid of speaking out against injustice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fixcas.com
KobrinFamily

KobrinFamily

Female Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:52 am

When doing laundry, you must check ALL the pockets in your husband's pants OR you will end up washing his wallet and not finding it, until it has been in the dryer for 2 hours.
But the good thing is nothing was too ruin, just a few business cards.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Female Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:38 pm

KobrinFamily wrote:
When doing laundry, you must check ALL the pockets in your husband's pants OR you will end up washing his wallet and not finding it, until it has been in the dryer for 2 hours.
But the good thing is nothing was too ruin, just a few business cards.

better yet he should clean out his own pockets!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fixcas.com
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Justice wrote:

better yet he should clean out his own pockets!

hear hear I agree!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:08 pm

From philosophy...finders keepers!
Back to top Go down
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

I learned that consumers report is ripping off Canadians. They want $39.00 for one year of health news but only $24.00 south of the border. So much for loooking after the little guy.
Back to top Go down
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:23 pm

I learned that MickeyD's does not have any good sandwiches anymore, their fries are still toooooo salty and their parking spaces toooooo smalll. Parked on the yellow line. If they don't like it I can leave. I was not there by choice.
Back to top Go down
Rick wisson

Male Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:04 pm

I might be addicted to red pepper jelly after having been introduced to it after this past August civic holiday.
Back to top Go down
cking

cking

Female Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 pm

I learned that:
some people die too soon.

I learned that I made many many wonderful friends during my teaching career and met many of them again today at the funeral of a friend.

I learned that people from your past help form a solid foundation of shared memories that help to hold you up when things get rough and rocky.

I learned that we are not in charge of anything in life. Go with the flow...as best as you are able.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:04 am

I learned that no matter what age kids will not leave a parked bus alone. To the father who said "but they are good kids" my answer to you is this..."Good Kids" DO NOT take the gas cap off a school bus and write their last names on the back of a bus! Good kids walk by the bus and LEAVE IT ALONE!!! I drive blind children to school and I don't need these hassles I have enough personal problems to deal with without all of this.
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:22 am

Last edited by Slyguy on Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hueng lo

hueng lo

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:46 am

"never get out of the boat"

willard
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Well, it's Friday Sept. 26h....What have YOU learned this week?
I've learned, or actually been reminded, that I have a very great life with many friends and family.
I've learned to say no to someone who was always asking for favours, nearly every day for the past two weeks. It was hard, but necessary.
I've learned that I miss my parents more than I realized. I think of them every day, but missed them so much this week.
What have you learned?
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:07 pm

I learned I forgot the Friday post LOL
Thanks Susan

I learned
I will be spending this weekend in an arena again LOL
Bathfitter is awesome!
My boys are great kids!!!
I miss my kitty, (getting declawedat the vets)
I need to win the lotto to feed my kids.....
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:10 pm

You're welcome Leslie! I think that topic is perfect and I look forward to reading it every Friday. I hope you don't mind that I posted it today.
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:11 pm

SZQ wrote:
You're welcome Leslie! I think that topic is perfect and I look forward to reading it every Friday. I hope you don't mind that I posted it today.

No I dont mind! Ive just had a crazy morning and I love reading it also!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday, what have you learned?   It's Friday, what have you learned? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Friday, what have you learned?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next