Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ok another problem!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Ok another problem!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Darn kids anyway!!!!
My sons laptop again. He wasnt getting any sound so instead of asking mom for help he was playing Rolling Eyes
NOW he has no wireless connections. You know where you click on it and find your connection. Sorry I dont know technical crap. NOW he cant get on the internet and he isnt using my computer I do my books on it so hes mad. well he should have come to me LOL
BUT I cant figure out how to find the wireless connections, it isnt showing up any where
Oh please tell me you understand what I am trying to say LOL
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
Spidubic

Spidubic

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 pm

There should be a button on the notebook that turns it on or off. Usually on the front edge or below the screen. Could be he turned that off.
Back to top Go down
Rustee

Rustee

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: No wireless connection ...   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 pm

Quote :
NOW he has no wireless connections. You know where you click on it and find your connection

Hey Leslie ... I am not big on laptop stuff, but try this. On the keyboard, there is a key on or near the bottom left with the letters FN on it ... probably in purple letters. It stands for "Function" key and it must be held down to use any of the other keys that have purple lettering (most are along the top row of keys on the keyboard). The keys probably have small pictures on them to show what they do. See if you can find one that resembles a tower with little (( )) beside the tower. That is the wireless indicator.

Hold down the FN key and push the wireless key ONCE. if it was turned off, that should turn it on again. Laptops are all different, but if it was turned off, a light may come on or it may just start searching for your network.

No guarantees on this one, but hopefully it does the trick. Let us know! sunny

Rustee
Back to top Go down
Rustee

Rustee

PostSubject: No wireless connection ...   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Quote :
NOW he has no wireless connections. You know where you click on it and find your connection

Hey Leslie ... I am not big on laptop stuff, but try this. On the keyboard, there is a key on or near the bottom left with the letters FN on it ... probably in purple letters. It stands for "Function" key and it must be held down to use any of the other keys that have purple lettering (most are along the top row of keys on the keyboard). The keys probably have small pictures on them to show what they do. See if you can find one that resembles a tower with little (( )) beside the tower. That is the wireless indicator.

Hold down the FN key and push the wireless key ONCE. if it was turned off, that should turn it on again. Laptops are all different, but if it was turned off, a light may come on or it may just start searching for your network.

No guarantees on this one, but hopefully it does the trick. Let us know! sunny

Rustee
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 am

Spidubic wrote:
There should be a button on the notebook that turns it on or off. Usually on the front edge or below the screen. Could be he turned that off.

we tried the button already LOL

I will try your suggestion when he gets up Howard thanks
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:29 am

Howard I cant find the tower button
I found FN
Back to top Go down
Rustee

Rustee

PostSubject: Re: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:10 am

Quote :
Howard I cant find the tower button
I found FN

They are probably different on every make of Laptop. I just looked at a Dell Dimension 6000 that I have in the shop and it's on the F2 button. It slightly resembles the Eiffel Tower between the (( )). It may be different on your laptop, but should give some indication that it is transmitting ... like the (( )) symbol. It also may not even be on that laptop if there is a button there to turn it off and on.

Sorry ... not much help with laptops.
confused
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

PostSubject: Re: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Ok I has to take it back to new! No help from the lovely guy my ex bought it from tho. He wanted 100. and kept the installation CDS nice huh!
Oh well mom figured it out! THanks for the help everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok another problem!!!   Ok another problem!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok another problem!!!
Page 1 of 1