Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ICONS TOO BIG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pretz

pretz

Female Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-23

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:40 am

I have been trying to install and KEEP my daughter's wedding photo on my desktop. Unfortunatley, it keeps changing to other pics in the desktop photo list. I have it set exactly as I have always set my desktop photos but it keeps changing. Anyway, somehow the icons/words have all gotten bigger even though they are set for the smaller size. Can anyone help me get them back to normal size as I have done everything I can think of but nothing is working. I certainly don't need them that big and it has also changed the size of print in Outlook Express.
Back to top Go down

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:56 am

Removed by author

Last edited by newdoverman on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:43 pm

Windows XP is what I am using.
Back to top Go down
Rustee

Rustee

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-11

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Icons too Big ...   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Quote :
Anyway, somehow the icons/words have all gotten bigger even though they are set for the smaller size.

It sounds like your video resolution got changed somehow.

Go to your desktop and RIGHT click on a blank space anywhere. A box will open ... click on PROPERTIES. Another bunch of tabbed boxes will open ... click on SETTINGS on the right side. Yet another screen will open, and near the bottom left side you will see a slider bar with an arrow pointing down. Look at the numbers below or mark them down in case you need to put them back. If the number is 800X600 (or smaller numbers), put the pointer on the arrow, left click and hold down and drag slowly to the right. The numbers will get bigger as you go. Try stopping at 1024X768, release the mouse button and then click on APPLY and OK. The screen will be changed (it also goes black for a couple of seconds) and will ask if you want to keep that setting. Click yes to keep or no to return to your old settings.

If that made them too small, go back in the same way and choose a number somewhere in between. If this isn't doing the job that you want, go in and return to original numbers and it will all be the same as when you started.

Post back to let us know if that was what you needed ... sunny

Howard (Rustee)
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Rustee, I knew that you would come through for me. I had done that before but this time after your posting I tried it again and it worked. Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:45 pm

What a great board! I hope this camaradarie and helpfulness never changes.
Back to top Go down
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-03-11

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Yes it is nice isn't it. Keep up the good work everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ICONS TOO BIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICONS TOO BIG   ICONS TOO BIG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICONS TOO BIG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norfolk Talks :: Norfolk Talks Forums :: Computer-
Jump to: