Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

computer won't turn on!!!

Go down 
+4
rudievalentine
aguyinbrantford
Leslie
sammy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sammy

sammy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-31

computer won't turn on!!! Empty
PostSubject: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 am

can anybody help me with this problem or know anybody that can?
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 am

Howard!! Rustee on the forum here 519-426-4375
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
aguyinbrantford

aguyinbrantford

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 pm

if your more close to Brantford than Simcoe I can look at it for you
Back to top Go down
sammy

sammy

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:11 pm

I'll will go where the price is right
Back to top Go down
rudievalentine

rudievalentine

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:11 am

Back to top Go down
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

Male Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:35 am

Free advise --make sure it is plugged in.
Back to top Go down
Rustee

Rustee

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Computer won't turn on.   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:11 pm

Quote :
can anybody help me with this problem or know anybody that can?

Perhaps if you give more info, someone can help. sunny

Do you mean the computer is dead? No lights, fans or anything? Does the computer come on but not boot up? Are there any error messages?

There are many reasons why a computer won't boot up or stops somewhere in the process. If the computer does nothing at all, make sure the power plug is tight into the power source as well as the back of the computer. If it has a switch on the power supply, make sure it is turned on. If all that is OK, you are probably looking at a dead power supply that needs replacing.

Give us more info to work with...

Rustee
Back to top Go down
sammy

sammy

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm pretty sure it happened a week ago when we had a brief power outage. It's a dell 5150 dimension and the power button flashes
Back to top Go down
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:21 pm

Try pushing in and holding the power button for 6 or 7 seconds, That should shut the computer right off and then try to restart again. More free advise
Back to top Go down
qscs

qscs

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:48 am

Hello,
I have seen many computers in the last few weeks with this problem due to all the storms we have had. If you would like to bring your machine in for a free diagnosis please feel free to e-mail qscs@kwic.com or phone 519-428-3315. It very well could be a power supply but with the power light flashing that tells me there is power and that it also could be a hardware failure causing your machine not to power up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quickstopcomputershop.webs.com
Spidubic

Spidubic

Male Number of posts : 178

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:59 am

Power light flashing could mean the computer has gone into sleep mode. Did you try what Retired2 said?

Power supply could have bad capacitors as well. Even a modem that was hit by lightning could cause the computer not to start.
Back to top Go down
Rustee

Rustee

Male Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:53 am

Spidubic wrote:
Power light flashing could mean the computer has gone into sleep mode. Did you try what Retired2 said?

Power supply could have bad capacitors as well. Even a modem that was hit by lightning could cause the computer not to start.

There are dozens of reasons why a computer won't start and a power supply can still output SOME voltages and still not start. The only sure way to know if a power supply is OK is to test it with a power supply tester. I too have seen non starting computers with a number of different reasons for not starting! There is no simple answer without being able to have a look at the computer. There is never a charge to have a look at your computer at my shop and never has been! NO FIX ... NO CHARGE! sunny

Howard (Rustee)
519 426-4375
Back to top Go down
Retired2
Jokester
Retired2

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Any Luck????
Back to top Go down
sammy

sammy

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Rustee has taken care it. it was the power supply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: computer won't turn on!!!   computer won't turn on!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

computer won't turn on!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norfolk Talks :: Norfolk Talks Forums :: Computer-
Jump to: