Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

no bake cookies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
windy

windy

Female Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-13

no bake cookies Empty
PostSubject: no bake cookies   no bake cookies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 am

SZQ mentioned a peach pie this morning, so while mine is in the oven cooking, I went looking for a cookie recipe to make up while the oven was on and the day was cool. Found this recipe for chocolate no bake cookies that is very good. I won't make them up until we get a hotter day!!

Measure out and set aside 3 c quick rolled oats and 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter. Lay out sheets of waxed paper for the cookies to be dropped on.
Mix together in a fairly large saucepan 2 c white sugar, 1/4 c butter, 4 tbsp cocoa , 1/2 c milk and a dash of salt. Boil for 1 minute only. Remove from heat and quickly stir in oats, peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well and drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. For variety you could add a different flavoring than vanilla, such as peppermint, or coconut.
Back to top Go down
pretz

pretz

Female Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-03-23

no bake cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: no bake cookies   no bake cookies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm definitely going to try this one. I have this recipe already but have never seen it with peanut butter added to it.

Thanks Windy!
Back to top Go down

no bake cookies
Page 1 of 1