Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marty's World Famous Cookbook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonas

Jonas

Male Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Marty's World Famous Cookbook Empty
PostSubject: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Hey, SZQ....you should check out this cookbook at your local Chapters. I've used the Marty's World Famous Bean Salad recipe for years and posted it at some point...on the other forum, I think. This guy Martin Curtis has a reputation for butter tarts and has a cafe called aptly Marty's World Famous Cafe in the Muskokas...Bracebridge to be precise.
Anyway...the book is a one of a kind and filled with all his recipes....salads, soups, beverages, pastries, bbq and his personal favorites. If you get it, I'd be interested in your opinion about the book. Nice photos too.
Here's a website too...but it's still in early stages.

https://www.martysworldfamous.com/index.aspx

I bought it last weekend and enjoy reading it and just looking at the recipes. Good luck...CAUTION: Use sparingly... Laughing
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:49 am

Tnanks Jonas! Will definitely check it out. My hubby just moaned when I told him. He knows he won't be able to resist! My car is in the shop today so I don't have transportation to the market today. There goes a peach pie for dinner!
I'll let you know about the book. Sure hope it's available.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:43 am

Not one copy in Burlington....anywhere! I'll have to check out the library before I order it.
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:13 am

Not surprising, SZQ. It's a pretty popular item. Good luck. Smile

SZQ wrote:
Not one copy in Burlington....anywhere! I'll have to check out the library before I order it.
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:18 pm

Not at the library either. Not even in their inventory!
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:54 pm

You might have some luck ordering it here, SZQ.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/

SZQ wrote:
Not at the library either. Not even in their inventory!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:57 am

I might try ordering online. The store told me a 7 week delivery time frame.
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

PostSubject: Leslie...you may want to try this   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Wink

https://www.martysworldfamous.com/index.aspx

Watch the Marty's video for making pastry and see if that helps with your pies. Good luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:39 am

Well, Jonas, what can I say? I can hardly wait for my book to arrive! I've never tried Marty's method of pie pastry, but will def. try it out on my hubby sometime soon. Today, I've been commissioned (her word, not mine!) to make four peach pies for a friend of a friend of a friend, if you can believe that! It's so humid today, I guess it's a good time to stay in the a/c to bake.
No matter how good his pie pan is, I'm not paying $80.00 for it!!!
I can't wait to see some of the butter tart recipes!
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:52 am

thanks Jonas
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
SZQ

SZQ

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:23 am

Yes, Jonas, a very big thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jonas

Jonas

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:01 am

You're welcome, SZQ.......I wouldn't pay that kind of $$$ for the pie plate either, that's for sure. Laughing

SZQ wrote:
Yes, Jonas, a very big thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marty's World Famous Cookbook   Marty's World Famous Cookbook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marty's World Famous Cookbook
Page 1 of 1