Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CatWeb

CatWeb

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version Empty
PostSubject: Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version   Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:51 pm

Devin Alexander's Healthy Decadence Double Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients

1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
Butter-flavored cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.

Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the mixture until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry (a few crumbs are okay).

Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies. Makes 12 (1 brownie) servings.

A few months ago I saw this recipie on Discovery Health and decided to give it a try. It's GREAT!! I've made them a few times now and each time they come out perfectly......loaded with chocolate flavour and very moist. During my second go I tried using half a cup sugar with half a cup Splenda. The brownies didn't rise quite as much compared to using all sugar, but they tasted just as good for those who might be watching their sugar intake. Also, I've posted the recipe website below where you can find the nutritional information, and because I'm not sure how the copywrite rules work when posting someone else's recipe.

http://health.discovery.com/fansites/devin-alexander/recipes/brownies.html

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version   Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 pm

Oh, soundy incredibly yummy. Must give them a try!
Back to top Go down

Double Chocolate Brownies - A healthier yet delicious version
Page 1 of 1