Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

cool day ='s

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

cool day ='s Empty
PostSubject: cool day ='s   cool day ='s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Making cabbage rolls. I am on a roll and freezing up some cabbage rolls. Now to not eat them daily LOL
I use only hamburg but in the past have used pork or ground sausage.
What do you use?
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

cool day ='s Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool day ='s   cool day ='s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:30 pm

thats one thing ive never made but I love them. I usually make stuffed peppers which is kinda simular I think, ill post that recipe when the peppers are ready in the garden.
Back to top Go down
Leslie

Leslie

Female Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

cool day ='s Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool day ='s   cool day ='s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:45 pm

MMMMMM I love stuffed peppers. I freeze them also but my peppers dont seem to be doing well this year!
Come on over Skully I have enough cabbage rolls to share
Back to top Go down
http://members.tripod.com/iamleslie2-ivil/leslieshomedaycare/
SZQ

SZQ

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2008-03-24

cool day ='s Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool day ='s   cool day ='s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:04 pm

I often use equal portions of ground hamburger, veal and pork. I'm not much of a hamburg lover, so the other meats round out the flavour for me. I made cabbage rolls for my Scottish husband and his family one Christmas. His adult children weren't really sure what they were! Poor sheltered souls!!!
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-07-30

cool day ='s Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool day ='s   cool day ='s Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:56 pm

We always use ground pork and very little rice, some chopped fried bacon and fried onions in the mix. Besides making them in tomato sauce we do the traditional Croation way. When making souerkraut we core whole heads of cabbage and leave them in the brine until the kraut is ready. Those leaves are the best for cabbage rolls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cool day ='s Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool day ='s   cool day ='s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cool day ='s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norfolk Talks :: Norfolk Talks Forums :: Recipes-
Jump to: