Norfolk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

chorizo recipe needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
farmer2

farmer2

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-01

chorizo recipe needed Empty
PostSubject: chorizo recipe needed   chorizo recipe needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone out there has a recipe for chorizo and potato casserole, my daughter made it in spanish class and kinda forgot how to do it. Would like to make it, and yes I checked the big world of the internet and could not find what she had made LOL. please anyone!
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

Male Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: chorizo recipe needed   chorizo recipe needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Found this on the net but have never tried it and if your wondering what capsicum is in the recipe its like a chili pepper

Chorizo, Chickpea and Potato Casserole

Serving size: Serves 4
Cuisine type: Spanish
Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
Special options: Lactose free
Course: Main

INGREDIENTS

2 cups chicken stock
pinch of saffron
3 chorizos, scored and sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, sliced
6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
4 red capsicum, roasted
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

METHOD

Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C for fan forced.

Place chicken stock in a small saucepan along with a good pinch of saffron. Gently warm. Remove and set aside.

Place chorizo in a medium sized frying pan and cook until chorizo starts to crisp. Remove and set aside. Add olive oil to the same pan. Add onion and cook until caramelised. Remove and set aside. Cook potatoes in batches until browned.

Alternate layers of sausage, chickpeas, onions, and capsicum in an ovenproof dish. Pour over stock. Cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Back to top Go down
Slyguy

Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: chorizo recipe needed   chorizo recipe needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Capsicum is another word for peppers, sweet I believe, just like pemento is.
Back to top Go down
SkullyCapone

Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: chorizo recipe needed   chorizo recipe needed Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:44 am

True it can mean sweet or chili, with this being a spanish dish with chorizo I am assuming it is asking for a little heat but I could be wrong, in mexico they refer Capsicum to be a chili pepper I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chorizo recipe needed   chorizo recipe needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chorizo recipe needed
Page 1 of 1